This recipe couldn’t be simpler. Just whisk together a bunch of ingredients together in a large bowl (I used my large Pyrex measuring cup for easy pouring) and pour over the chicken in a large ziploc bag.
Now, in the recipe I say a minimum of 4 hours for marinating….I’m being overly optimistic there. I’ve marinated the chicken for as little as 30 minutes and the chicken was still phenomenal. Basically, the longer you have to marinate the better but don’t worry if you don’t have a lot of time.
The BEST Chicken Marinade
Look no further for the Best Chicken Marinade recipe ever! This easy chicken marinade recipe is going to quickly become your favorite go-to marinade! This marinade produces so much flavor and keeps the chicken incredibly moist and outrageously delicious - try it today!
Author: Trish - Mom On Timeout
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 6 servings
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar (or other vinegar)2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp Dijon or Spicy Brown mustard
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 chicken breast or 3.5 lb chicken
|The BEST Chicken Marinade Recipe|
- Marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- To grill
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off.
- Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Baste the chicken occasionally with the leftover marinade.
- Remove chicken from grill and tent with foil. Let chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before serving
- If you bring the remaining marinade up to a boil, let simmer until slightly reduced, it makes a wonderful sauce to go on top of the chicken.
I've marinated my chicken for as few as 30 minutes and the chicken was still phenomenal. Basically, the longer you have to marinate the better but don't worry if you don't have a lot of time.