PREP TIME: 30 mins
COOK TIME: 19 mins
TOTAL TIME: 49 mins
For the Cupcake:
* 2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
* ¾ cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
* ½ cup melted butter
* ½ cup granulated sugar
* ½ teaspoons baking soda
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs yolks
* 2 egg whites
* ⅓ cup brown sugar
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Marshmallow Frosting:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the Ganache:
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- 4½ tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 graham cracker, crushed.
For the Cupcake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F and line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, melt butter. Whisk in the sugars. Then mix in the buttermilk, egg yolks, and vanilla. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Set aside.
- With and electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into the batter until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full (about ¼ cup of batter... a trigger ice cream scoop works great!)
- Bake for 15-17 or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes and then remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- In a small sauce pan, combine chocolate chips and whipping cream over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Let it cool for 5 minutes and then spoon onto the center of each cupcake. Let the ganache set up on the cupcake before adding frosting (put in fridge for 5 minutes to speed this up). Place remaining ganache in a piping bag or ziploc baggie.
- For the Marshmallow Frosting:
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar together until fluffy. Fold in the marshmallow fluff by hand. Place in piping bag fitted with 1A (extra large round) tip or just cut the tip of the bag off. Pipe on frosting.
- Drizzle with leftover ganache and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.