An easy family dinner (you can even make it the night before) or a tasty appetizer. Kids love this recipe and the cream cheese/sour cream “sauce” and spicy taco flavor are a hit with adults too.
Serves: serves 6
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and lay out in the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sour cream. Use a whisk to remove any lumps. Spread over the cooled crust. (I let my crust cool for around 20 minutes.) Chill in the refrigerator.
- Brown the ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning packet and water, according to package directions. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the ground beef evenly over the cream cheese layer. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Cut into serving-size pieces and serve immediately or refrigerate.