One Pot Beef Stroganoff Soup
• salt and pepper
• 8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 pound beef sirloin, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced into bite-sized strips
• 1 medium sweet onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 5 cups low-sodium chicken or beef stock
• 1 1/2 cups dried egg noodles
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the meat with some salt and pepper to taste; add to the pot and cook until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a bowl; keep warm.
- Add in the mushrooms, onion, and garlic; saute until the vegetables have softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Pour in the chicken (or beef) stock and bring to a boil. Add in the noodles. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes until al dente.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, combine the sour cream and flour. Whisk in 1 cup of the hot soup; pour mixture back into the pot. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes to thicken. Add cooked meat back to the pot and heat through. Taste, and adjust seasoning with a little more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve in individual bowls with some fresh chopped parsley.
Recipe for: http://bellyfull.net/2016/11/15/one-pot-beef-stroganoff-soup/