|SLOW COOKER CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN CHILI|
A lot of creamy white chicken chili recipes don’t have corn in them, but I added some here because the subtle sweetness goes really well with the heat level from the green chiles.
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 8 hours
- Total Time 8 hours 5 minutes
- Servings 6 servings
- Calories 441 kcal
- Author The Chunky Chef
* 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
* 1 yellow onion diced
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* 1 tsp cumin
* 2 15oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
* 2 4oz cans diced green chiles (I do one hot, one mild)
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* 24 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
* 1 15oz can whole kernel corn drained
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
* small handful fresh cilantro chopped
* 3/4 tsp oregano
* 1/2 tsp chili powder
* 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
* 1/4 cup half and half
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocadosminced fresh cilantro
- dollop of sour cream
- tortilla strips
- shredded Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
- Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Stir well and serve with desired toppings.
Recipe inspired from The Cookie Rookie