PERFECT SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
These Perfect Snickerdoodle Cookies have only 8 ingredients, and make the most aromatic, chewy and delicious cookies with crisp edges. They are such a satisfying and tasty cookie, expect them to be gone as soon as you make them!
INGREDIENTS FOR PERFECT SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cool (can substitute the same amount of unsalted butter, melted and cooled for a traditional option)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
TOOLS NEEDED FOR PERFECT SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- large mixing bowl
- small mixing bowl
- electric hand mixer
- baking spatula
- cooking racks
- cookie sheets
- medium cookie scoop
- parchment paper or silicone baking mats
|PERFECT SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES|
- In a large mixing bowl, beat coconut oil, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and cream of tartar, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add flour in gradually, scraping down the sides as needed. The dough will be sticky and you might need to stir in the remaining flour. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour or less, until it's easier to handle. While the dough is chilling, combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Take out the dough and allow to get to room temperature. You can use a fork to break up dough, if it's too hard. Form 1 inch balls, roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat evenly. Space about 2 inches apart on an un-greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 10-11 minutes or until the edges are golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Makes 36 cookies. Enjoy!