BBQ Chicken Tostadas
Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store, use up leftovers, or even make a new batch in your slow cooker to make this easy dinner recipe. On busy nights, the family will love these BBQ Chicken Tostadas.
Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store, use up leftovers, or even make a new batch in your slow cooker to make this easy dinner recipe the family will love.
Author: Mary Younkin, The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook
Recipe type: Chicken, Dinner
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
8 tostada shells (or 8 corn tortillas, brushed lightly with olive oil and baked for 3-5 minutes per side, until crispy)
1½ cups of your favorite barbecue sauce, divided
- 3 green onions, very thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Mary uses mozzarella in the cookbook, but I have also used cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lay out the tostada shells (or baked tortillas) on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Combine the chicken and 1 cup of the barbecue sauce in a small bowl, and stir to coat.
- Divide the chicken between the tostada shells and top with the cheese (about ¼ cup on each)/
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining ½ cup barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.