How to make hard candy jewels

How to make hard candy jewels


Jo and I have been doing lots of projects over the last month or so for Little Jo’s birthday party, and I want to show you one of the projects I did for part of the party decor. We found ourselves needing some round gems in just the right color of teal. If they could be edible, all the better. So I did some shopping and some research and came up with everything I needed to make hard candy jewels. And I gotta tell you, this turned out to be one of the most fun projects I’ve done in ages!
By the way, there was a lot of trial and error as I figured out just the right techniques for making hard candy, and I’ll tell you about my mistakes at the end, but for now, here is the right way to do it!

You’ll need to pick up a couple of custom supplies for making hard candy. First, you’ll need some hard candy jewel molds. Make sure you get molds that are specifically designed for hard candy. Don’t use chocolate molds or anything that’s not made to withstand the high temperature of the sugar syrup.






Complete Recipes to http://www.chicaandjo.com/2010/04/26/make-hard-candy-jewels/

0 Response to "How to make hard candy jewels"

Post a Comment